At VNSNY, we are committed to ensuring that our supplier base is as diverse as the people in the communities where we serve. Because of this commitment, we have a program dedicated to finding qualified minority- and woman-owned suppliers that can provide high-quality goods and services within our marketplace. Since VNSNY prides itself on the excellent quality of care that is offered to our client base, it is important to us that the suppliers we engage provide the same level of service to our organization and extended patient family.
What is expected of our suppliers?
Our suppliers are expected to:
- Conduct business in a fair and professional manner
- Provide top-quality goods and services
- Be innovative
- Provide third-party certification
Third Party Certification
Suppliers who want to become part of the diversity program must demonstrate that they have obtained active certification from one or more of the third-party agencies listed below:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- NY/NJ Purchasing Council (Local chapter of NMSDC)
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- National Women Business Owners Corporation (NWBOC)
- State and local government agencies
All suppliers who want to register for the VNSNY Supplier Diversity Program must do so by filling out the registration form and a W9 form, then forwarding it to: SupplierDiversity@VNSNY.org. Your information will be entered into the VNSNY database as a registered supplier of goods and services. Although your information will be made available to procurement personnel for potential bid opportunities, this does not guarantee your firm will be awarded business.
Supplier Diversity Definitions
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE): A business enterprise in which at least fifty-one percent (51%) is owned by citizens or permanent resident aliens meeting the ethnic definitions of:
- Black: Persons having origins from any of the Black African racial groups.
- Hispanic: Hispanic persons of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Dominican, Cuban, or Central or South American descent of either Indian or Hispanic origin, regardless of race.
- Asian-Pacific: Persons having origins from the Far East, Southeast Asia or the Pacific Islands.
- Asian-Indian Subcontinent: Persons having origins from the Indian subcontinent.
- Native American: Persons having origins in any of the original peoples of North America.
- Women Owned Business Enterprise (WBE): A business enterprise in which at least fifty-one percent (51%) is owned by citizens or permanent resident aliens who are women.