VNSNY private pay services—provided through the VNSNY private care affiliate, Partners in Care—can help to extend or supplement care beyond what is covered by Medicare or commercial insurance. Services include:
- Skilled Nursing
- Assessments and Screenings
- Care Management
- Personal Care and Companionship
- Ambulatory Escort
- Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology
A physician referral is not required for private care services. To learn more or connect a patient or family to Partners in Care, please call 1-888-735-8913.
Who is a candidate for Private Care Services?
Patients who meet any of these criteria may benefit from private care services:
- Recuperating from a health emergency such as stroke or accidental injury
- Recovering from surgery
- Elderly and in declining health
- Living with chronic illness or disability including multiple sclerosis, heart disease, and diabetes
- Requiring placement or continued stay in a residential healthcare facility
- Struggling with a cognitive impairment condition such as dementia or Alzheimer’s
- In treatment for cancer
- Bringing home a newborn
- At risk for falls
- Patients in the hospital or nursing home for long stay
- Suffering from advanced illness or in hospice care
- Receiving insured home health care services but requesting supplemental care
Scenarios for VNSNY Private Care Services
- Getting care quickly for a safe transition home after discharge. When Medicare or other insurance authorizations delay the start of home care, private care can usually be initiated within 24 hours to help reduce the risk of rehospitalization.
- Personal care for a high-risk patient who is not eligible for insured home health services. Companionship, support, and assistance with ADLs for patients who do not require skilled nursing care or qualify for insured benefits.
- Clinical assessments that provide critical data to help providers ensure the right care in the right setting. An array of evidence-based, third-party endorsed screening tools.
- Enhanced level of care beyond what Medicare or other insurers will cover. When patients want additional home care, we work closely with their CHHA to supplement their care with extended hours or days of private service.
- Round-the-clock nursing or personal care to help ensure the safety of frail patients. When a patient’s family needs additional help to provide an extra level of support.
How is private care paid for?
Private care services are paid out-of-pocket or with long term care insurance coverage.